Holy Monastery of Kato Panagia
Michael Komninos Doukas the 2nd, Despot of Epirus and spouse of Saint Theodora covered the expenses of the Monastery, which was founded in 1250, and still functions as community of women. 11 nuns and 2 novices lead their life inside the Monastery with Abbess Charitini Mparmparesiou. Property of the Holy Monastery is Virgin Mary Hodegetria inside the city of Arta. Tel. 26810-27660.
Holy Monastery of Theotokio
Its built on the foundations of an older temple, of the 14th century. In the year 1793, the "armatolos" Konstantinos Poulis that was appointed from Ali Pasha "captain of Tzoumerka", built a temple dedicated in the Dormition of Virgin Mary. The residents of the region have named this temple and the Monastery Theotokio. It is a community of women and today 3 nuns lead their spiritual life with Abbess Kecharitomeni Tsirogianni. Tel. 26810-83815.
Holy Monastery of Panagia Rovelista
According to the oral tradition, the foundation of the Monastery of Rovelista goes back to the 10th century. The picture of Virgin Mary, also known as Moscovite, comes from Moscow. The miraculous picture of Vrefokratousa is placed in a silver frame shaped as a triptych that is made from local silversmiths in the year 1802. During the civil war the monastery was depopulated and destroyed. In 1951, the monk Mitrofanis Mitsilis was placed there and in 1953 his sister Andriani with an escort of other nuns gave a new life in this devastated Monastery. In 1963, Metropolitan Ignatios Tsigkris changed it in a community of women. Today it functions as a commune with 13 nuns and 1 novice with Abbess Theoktisti Margoni. The monastery was renovated during the past few years, when the old temple broke down because of several cracks and a new catholic was built to honour the Birth of Virgin Mary in 1978. Tel. 26810-67760
Holy Monastery of Melaton
It is not certain when the Holy Monastery of Melaton was founded. In any case the current catholic that is dedicated in the Birth of Virgin Mary was built in 1797. The surrounding walls and the gate of Monastery are dated in the 1844, while the cells are dated in the 1876. Formally the Monastery is a community of men. The registered monks are these of the Eparchy. Abbot is the Archimandrite Theologos Ntouvalis. Tel. 26850-22514.
Holy Monastery of Saint George of Vourgareli
The Monastery of Saint George, located at the village Vourgareli of Tzoumerka, is rightly characterized as Saint Lavra of Epirus. It was the shelter of "thieves" and "armatoles", before the revolution, and the chiefs of Tzoumerka and Radovizion were assembled there, and under the commands of Georgios Karaiskakis, they declared the revolution 1821 in the region, with the blessings of abbot Christoforos on 15th of May. A half destroyed sign testifies that the monastery was built in 1714. Another version accepts as year of foundation to be 1690. The abbey of Saint Georgiou is property of the Monastery of Melaton and nun Polychronia Douva leads her spiritual life in it.